Subject: Re: Anyone using Studio 16 with Flyer?
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 00:24:16 -0400

Eavesdropping on your message concerning Hi-8 decks with the Flyer and the
UVW system.  I'd recommend the Sony 9850 for a source (and record) deck...
It's really the only choice.  It's got a built in TBC, with  --and this is
VERY important--  a Drop-out Compensator.  It also has something called
"Servo-Bump", which, as I understand it, will lend secure frame accuracy to
your linear editing.

Having said that, I should admit that I have never used the 9850... we have a
9800, with the Flyer, and are pleased, but wish we had the 9850!

We will soon (hopefully) upgrade our master deck to the UVW 1800.  It should
be an Excellent system, especially when S-Video input is available to the
Flyer.

Please let me know how you end up!

-Mike
Silver Streak Studios,
St. Louis
--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]